Monday, September 9, 2013

Why dogs are so AWESOME?

Have you ever wondered why dogs are so awesome? I have. I read this book called "The Astonishing Power of Emotions" by Esther Hick and it brought some insight on how our dogs represent "pure, positive energy" (Hicks, 2007 ). We love dogs because they love us for who we are and never asking us to change. The effection we give and the effection we receive in return from our dogs is more than one can ask for. They do not hold us responsible for their happiness. They live the life of of being content. They enjoy being with us and do not mind that we are not around. Their joy is internal and not determined by us. Can you name anyone in your life that has a personality of a dog? I sure can't because humans are far more complex and for some people, we don't know what being content means or what it represents. Can we learn to be as awesome as our little counterparts? Sure we can.

On sunday at church (Newsong), Pastor Dave spoke about hitting the "PAUSE" button. I think it's a great message about how sometimes we need to stop being busy and start really seeing the Awesome things that are happening around us. Pause does not mean that you become passive or stagnent, but it can be an active action to really SEE, LEARN, and ENJOY what you have been missing out on. Don't let life pass you by. My most positive memories of awesomeness were during the time when I did HIT PAUSE. Maybe we need more PAUSES in our lives....
Jin and Maxi


The picture of Jin and Maxi was taken last week when I was in PAUSE mode. The past three weeks have been emotionally and physically draining. MK and I went to Coronado doggy park and spent the day relaxing/sunbathing. We played fetch with the dogs and watched the dogs run freely in the water. Pure AWESOMENESS. All my worries were set aside, I felt CONTENT. 

Here are the other AWESOME dogs that I know:


Ali
Ali was my first dog. Passed away during college. The most awesome memory of Ali was during the time when I was crying over a break up. We had just come back from the doggy park when I received the call. While I was on the phone, he was busy chewing on his tasty bone treat. He heard me cry and he PAUSED. He looked at me with those puppy dog eyes and licked my feet. Through his eyes and the passionate act of licking me, I felt that he was trying to tell me "I can feel your pain, don't be sad master, I love you". For a dog to set aside a tasty treat and acknowledge that her master is sad...that's what I call love.
Mui Mui
Mui Mui is my brother's maltese. She's just adorable. I get really happy when I dress her up in doggy clothes. 

Take home message: Don't be afraid to PAUSE sometimes, you might be pleasantly surprised how REFRESHING it could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment